Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
IMF Downgrades Assessment Of Brain's Economic Growth
The British government has rejected calls for an easing of its austerity policy in favor of a new fiscal stimulus for the economy. The IMF cut its growth forecasts for Britain on Wednesday — warning that the country was in danger of slipping into recession.