Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Impeachment call for NY Gov, Pataki
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – New York stands to gain millions of dollars in revenue if it collected taxes on cigarettes and gasoline sold by Native American vendors to non-indians.
Governor Pataki has failed to act -- citing his preference for a negotiated settlement. Frustrated by years of inaction, a citizens group is taking a new tact -- Upstate Citizens for Equality is calling for the impeachment of Governor Pataki. U-C-E President Scott Peterman described the reasons why to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.