Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Impeachment call for NY Gov, Pataki
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – New York stands to gain millions of dollars in revenue if it collected taxes on cigarettes and gasoline sold by Native American vendors to non-indians.
Governor Pataki has failed to act -- citing his preference for a negotiated settlement. Frustrated by years of inaction, a citizens group is taking a new tact -- Upstate Citizens for Equality is calling for the impeachment of Governor Pataki. U-C-E President Scott Peterman described the reasons why to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.