Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Interest Groups Call for Hiking State Income Taxes Paid by New York's Wealthiest
By Chris Ulanowski
Albany, NY –
A number of interest groups have banded together to call on Governor Paterson and the State Legislature to tax the rich as a way out of new york's fiscal crisis.
New Yorkers for Fiscal Fairness is one of the groups. Executive Director Ron Deutsch says such a move would mitigate the need for service cuts which are expected in Paterson's executive budget proposal. He spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.