Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
Iranian Hard-Liners Plan 'Grand Day Of Death To America'
Originally published on Fri November 1, 2013 6:46 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
We've gotten used to seeing rallies in Iran where protestors chant death to America. But even before the new president's charm offensive, that slogan had waned, so much so that some hard-liners are planning a Grand Day of Death to America: Monday, the anniversary of the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in 1979. And Revolutionary Guards promise the slogan will once again echo across the nation.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.