Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Iranian Hard-Liners Plan 'Grand Day Of Death To America'
Originally published on Fri November 1, 2013 6:46 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
We've gotten used to seeing rallies in Iran where protestors chant death to America. But even before the new president's charm offensive, that slogan had waned, so much so that some hard-liners are planning a Grand Day of Death to America: Monday, the anniversary of the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in 1979. And Revolutionary Guards promise the slogan will once again echo across the nation.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.