Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
It's Up To Congress Whether To Back Obama's Plan
NPR's Tamara Keith talks with members of Congress for reaction to President Obama's speech last night. Among other ideas in his plan, the president is proposing tax incentives to encourage businesses to hire unemployed and wounded veterans as well as Americans who have been without work for more than six months.