Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Politics and Government
Joanie Mahoney on The Campbell Conversations
Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney works on the front lines of the "unfunded mandate" issue, a phrase we've been hearing with increasing frequency at all levels of political discussion. What exactly is the problem with unfunded mandates?
From the county executive's perspective, they tie her hands regarding innovation and efficiency, and introduce some fundamental problems for good governance. The conversation also explores the local political scene in Syracuse, in particular the souring of the political tone during the past year. Would she ever consider becoming a conservative Democrat rather than a liberal Republican? Listen and find out.