Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
Politics and Government
Joanie Mahoney on The Campbell Conversations
Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney works on the front lines of the "unfunded mandate" issue, a phrase we've been hearing with increasing frequency at all levels of political discussion. What exactly is the problem with unfunded mandates?
From the county executive's perspective, they tie her hands regarding innovation and efficiency, and introduce some fundamental problems for good governance. The conversation also explores the local political scene in Syracuse, in particular the souring of the political tone during the past year. Would she ever consider becoming a conservative Democrat rather than a liberal Republican? Listen and find out.