Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Jobless Benefits Expire
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – An estimated 375,000 people will lose their unemployment benefits in the first half of 2004. That's according to a study by the Center on Budget and Policies.
Isaac Shapiro, who authored the study, says the ending of the Temporary Extended Unemployment Compensation Program will mean hard times for many across the country, especially in New York.
He spoke with WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen.
-- A full copy of the report can be found at: www.cbpp.org