Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Jobless Benefits Expire
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – An estimated 375,000 people will lose their unemployment benefits in the first half of 2004. That's according to a study by the Center on Budget and Policies.
Isaac Shapiro, who authored the study, says the ending of the Temporary Extended Unemployment Compensation Program will mean hard times for many across the country, especially in New York.
He spoke with WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen.
-- A full copy of the report can be found at: www.cbpp.org