Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
Jobless Claims Stay At Four-Year Low
There were 351,000 first-time claims for unemployment insurance last week, unchanged from the four-year-low level of the week before, the Employment and Training Administration just reported.
It adds that "the 4-week moving average was 359,000, a decrease of 7,000 from the previous week's revised average of 366,000."
According to The Wall Street Journal, economists thought the agency would say claims had gone up by about 7,000 last week.