Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
Jobless Claims Stay At Four-Year Low
There were 351,000 first-time claims for unemployment insurance last week, unchanged from the four-year-low level of the week before, the Employment and Training Administration just reported.
It adds that "the 4-week moving average was 359,000, a decrease of 7,000 from the previous week's revised average of 366,000."
According to The Wall Street Journal, economists thought the agency would say claims had gone up by about 7,000 last week.