Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Politics and Government
Julie Cecile and Pat Kilmartin on the Campbell Conversations
Almost every November, voters are asked to make choices about judges, but they have almost no relevant information about how those judges will approach their jobs. Beyond knowing the candidates' party, citizens end up casting votes largely in the dark. And Family Court is perhaps the murkiest of all judicial positions.
In this installment of election season Campbell Conversations, Grant Reeher tries to get Julie Cecile and Pat Kilmartin, the candidates for Onondaga County Family Court Judge, to shed some light on how they will handle this important public responsibility.