Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Around the Nation
Kansas City Sandwich Is A 'Hit' With Baseball Teams
Originally published on Fri August 9, 2013 12:06 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Oklahoma Joe's barbecue is a popular spot in Kansas City - especially known for its Z-Man sandwich - smoked brisket with provolone topped with onion rings. The Minnesota Twins must've gotten the memo. They ordered 50 Z-Mans on Tuesday, and went on to beat the hometown Royals in a blowout.
The next day, Oklahoma Joes sent 51 Z-Mans to the Royals. It worked. They beat the Twins five to two. Don't mean to be superstitious, but that sandwich is a hit. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.