Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Kolb: Pleased with budget, and may try for property tax cap later in the year
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
WRVO – Assembly Minority Leader Brian Kolb (R-Canandaigua) says the new state budget is a good budget -- it cuts spending, covers a large deficit and does not raise taxes.
He says the budget left out some things Republicans wanted, especially a 2% cap on property tax increases for schools and local governments, but he says the Legislature can take up that issue later this year.
Here's his full, unedited interview with WRVO's Dave Bullard.