Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Kolb: Pleased with budget, and may try for property tax cap later in the year
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
WRVO – Assembly Minority Leader Brian Kolb (R-Canandaigua) says the new state budget is a good budget -- it cuts spending, covers a large deficit and does not raise taxes.
He says the budget left out some things Republicans wanted, especially a 2% cap on property tax increases for schools and local governments, but he says the Legislature can take up that issue later this year.
Here's his full, unedited interview with WRVO's Dave Bullard.