Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Kolb: Pleased with budget, and may try for property tax cap later in the year
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
WRVO – Assembly Minority Leader Brian Kolb (R-Canandaigua) says the new state budget is a good budget -- it cuts spending, covers a large deficit and does not raise taxes.
He says the budget left out some things Republicans wanted, especially a 2% cap on property tax increases for schools and local governments, but he says the Legislature can take up that issue later this year.
Here's his full, unedited interview with WRVO's Dave Bullard.