Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Kraft Foods, Sara Lee Settle Dueling Hot Dog Suits
STEVE INSKEEP, host:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with an update on a hot dog war.
Kraft Foods and Sara Lee settled dueling lawsuits. Kraft claims its Oscar Mayer hot dogs defeated Sara Lee's Ball Park Franks. Sara Lee claimed to be America's best franks. And each company sued the other for exaggeration. Now the companies have settled out of court. Each will drop its claim that the other's hot dog wasn't so great. This way they avoid the danger of the court ruling that they were both right.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.