Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Thu December 27, 2012 6:34 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Now, if you have BlackBerry at the bottom of the drawer, it turns out it's also at the bottom of the 2012 list of smartphone makers.
Our last word in business is: Bad Call.
The company that makes BlackBerry, Research in Motion, had only 5 percent of the global smartphone market in 2012. That was down from 11 percent the year before. That's according to the market research firm iSuppli. Also in the 5 percent club: Nokia and HTC.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.