Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Le Moyne College appoints new president
The Le Moyne College Board of Trustees unanimously elected a new president Thursday, naming Linda LeMura as its 14th president. She will become the first lay female to serve as president of a Jesuit college or university in the world.
LeMura currently has served as provost and vice president for academic affairs at Le Moyne since 2007. She was dean of arts and sciences at Le Moyne from 2003-2007. LeMura is a Syracuse native, having graduated from Bishop Grimes High School and Syracuse University. Before coming to Le Moyne in 2003, LeMura severed in several roles at Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania.
LeMura will take over as president on June 30, when the college's current president, Fred Pestello, leaves to become president of Saint Louis University.