Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
Literature Nobel Goes To Swedish Poet Tomas Transtromer
Swedish poet Tomas Transtromer is the 2011 Nobel laureate in literature, it was just announced.
In its statement, the Nobel committee said his work "gives us fresh access to reality."
Our friends over at Monkey See have more, including Neda Ulaby's pre-announcement look at the "Nobel shortlist."
As Neda wrote, Transtromer had been "another constant Nobel bridesmaid. He's a Swedish surrealist poet who's also spent a career as a psychiatrist working with institutionalized children."
Watch Monkey See later for a post from John Freeman, editor of Granta magazine.