Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Live Blog: 'No Bailouts, No Handouts, No Copouts,' Obama Will Say
Originally published on Thu November 15, 2012 5:33 pm
President Obama tonight used his third State of the Union address to sound themes about fair play and hard work — issues of enormous concern to the many Americans who are frustrated by an economy that's been ailing and a government that they don't believe is responding to their needs. And, he countered Republicans' charge that America has lost respect around the world during his three years in office. In the Republican response, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels said that the president is offering little that's new and that his policies haven't helped in the past — and in fact have been "pro-poverty."
We're live blogging in the box below. You'll see a message when new material has been added. Just click on it.