Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- North Country lawmaker, group, working to save Fort Drum jobs
- Classic midway prize missing from this year's state fair
- Teachout blasts Time Warner-Comcast merger, says she would stop it if elected
Live Blog: 'No Bailouts, No Handouts, No Copouts,' Obama Will Say
Originally published on Thu November 15, 2012 5:33 pm
President Obama tonight used his third State of the Union address to sound themes about fair play and hard work — issues of enormous concern to the many Americans who are frustrated by an economy that's been ailing and a government that they don't believe is responding to their needs. And, he countered Republicans' charge that America has lost respect around the world during his three years in office. In the Republican response, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels said that the president is offering little that's new and that his policies haven't helped in the past — and in fact have been "pro-poverty."
We're live blogging in the box below. You'll see a message when new material has been added. Just click on it.