Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Local officials push for State ban on open waste burning.
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – St. Lawrence County Government officials are working to eliminate the practice of outdoor trash burning.
Officials say backyard burning is often common in rural areas and is a source of dangerous pollutants.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with St. Lawrence County Planning Office's Jon Montan about the risks of unregulated open burning of solid waste by rural residents.