Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Local officials push for State ban on open waste burning.
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – St. Lawrence County Government officials are working to eliminate the practice of outdoor trash burning.
Officials say backyard burning is often common in rural areas and is a source of dangerous pollutants.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with St. Lawrence County Planning Office's Jon Montan about the risks of unregulated open burning of solid waste by rural residents.