Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Local officials push for State ban on open waste burning.
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – St. Lawrence County Government officials are working to eliminate the practice of outdoor trash burning.
Officials say backyard burning is often common in rural areas and is a source of dangerous pollutants.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with St. Lawrence County Planning Office's Jon Montan about the risks of unregulated open burning of solid waste by rural residents.