Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Mandatory Military Service
By Amy Cavalier
WRVO – Upstate New York Congressman John Mchugh says making military service mandatory is not a new idea and isn't apt to happen anytime soon.
Mchugh says doesn't see a need for changing the current method of military recruitment.
As it stands now, he says, all males having reached the age of 18 must sign up for the draft.
Mchugh says Congress has not recieved any details of the proposal from Congressman Rangel yet.