Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Mandatory Military Service
By Amy Cavalier
WRVO – Upstate New York Congressman John Mchugh says making military service mandatory is not a new idea and isn't apt to happen anytime soon.
Mchugh says doesn't see a need for changing the current method of military recruitment.
As it stands now, he says, all males having reached the age of 18 must sign up for the draft.
Mchugh says Congress has not recieved any details of the proposal from Congressman Rangel yet.