Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Mandatory Military Service
By Amy Cavalier
WRVO – Upstate New York Congressman John Mchugh says making military service mandatory is not a new idea and isn't apt to happen anytime soon.
Mchugh says doesn't see a need for changing the current method of military recruitment.
As it stands now, he says, all males having reached the age of 18 must sign up for the draft.
Mchugh says Congress has not recieved any details of the proposal from Congressman Rangel yet.