Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
Mandatory Military Service
By Amy Cavalier
WRVO – Upstate New York Congressman John Mchugh says making military service mandatory is not a new idea and isn't apt to happen anytime soon.
Mchugh says doesn't see a need for changing the current method of military recruitment.
As it stands now, he says, all males having reached the age of 18 must sign up for the draft.
Mchugh says Congress has not recieved any details of the proposal from Congressman Rangel yet.