Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Mandatory Military Service
By Amy Cavalier
WRVO – Upstate New York Congressman John Mchugh says making military service mandatory is not a new idea and isn't apt to happen anytime soon.
Mchugh says doesn't see a need for changing the current method of military recruitment.
As it stands now, he says, all males having reached the age of 18 must sign up for the draft.
Mchugh says Congress has not recieved any details of the proposal from Congressman Rangel yet.