Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Maple syrup farming brings a family together
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
HANNIBAL, NY – If you love real maple syrup or maple candy, then this is your weekend. It's the second Maple Weekend across the state. Maple syrup makers hold open houses this weekend to show you how they turn tree sap into sweet syrup and sell you products made with syrup.
WRVO's Dave Bullard visited one maple sugar farm, in Hannibal, and found an entire family working hard all year to make syrup.
If you would like to visit a maple sugar house near you, click the link below for a list of locations: