Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Maple syrup farming brings a family together
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
HANNIBAL, NY – If you love real maple syrup or maple candy, then this is your weekend. It's the second Maple Weekend across the state. Maple syrup makers hold open houses this weekend to show you how they turn tree sap into sweet syrup and sell you products made with syrup.
WRVO's Dave Bullard visited one maple sugar farm, in Hannibal, and found an entire family working hard all year to make syrup.
If you would like to visit a maple sugar house near you, click the link below for a list of locations: