Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Maple syrup farming brings a family together
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
HANNIBAL, NY – If you love real maple syrup or maple candy, then this is your weekend. It's the second Maple Weekend across the state. Maple syrup makers hold open houses this weekend to show you how they turn tree sap into sweet syrup and sell you products made with syrup.
WRVO's Dave Bullard visited one maple sugar farm, in Hannibal, and found an entire family working hard all year to make syrup.
If you would like to visit a maple sugar house near you, click the link below for a list of locations: