Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Mark Emmert: NCAA Athletes Need Respect, Not Salaries
The National Collegiate Athletic Association plans to hold college teams to higher academic standards as part of its sweeping rule changes. The NCAA will also let students get 'cost of living' cash and scholarships on a multi-year basis. NCAA President Mark Emmert speaks with host Michel Martin about the new rules, and addresses criticisms surrounding student-athlete exploitation.