Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Matt Doheny Continues Campaign Tour
By Ryan Morden
Oswego, NY – Matt Doheny is continuing his campaign kick-off tour across the 11 counties that make up New York's 23rd congressional district.
He is a Watertown businessman seeking the Republican, Independence and Conservative party nominations.
Doheny said he is a fiscal conservative and wants to eliminate what he calls nonsensical programs like TARP, the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
He also wants to repeal the new health care bill and start from scratch.
"I'm in favor of repealing the bill," said Doheny, "but replacing it with a lot of common sense-free market based solutions. Unfortunately right now what we need to do is start over again, but like I said, unfortunately, we can't."
Doheny faces Doug Hoffman in a primary. Hoffman's campaign released a statement saying he is the better candidate to defeat Democrat Bill Owens in the November election.