Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
More News From WRVO
Matt Doheny Continues Campaign Tour
By Ryan Morden
Oswego, NY – Matt Doheny is continuing his campaign kick-off tour across the 11 counties that make up New York's 23rd congressional district.
He is a Watertown businessman seeking the Republican, Independence and Conservative party nominations.
Doheny said he is a fiscal conservative and wants to eliminate what he calls nonsensical programs like TARP, the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
He also wants to repeal the new health care bill and start from scratch.
"I'm in favor of repealing the bill," said Doheny, "but replacing it with a lot of common sense-free market based solutions. Unfortunately right now what we need to do is start over again, but like I said, unfortunately, we can't."
Doheny faces Doug Hoffman in a primary. Hoffman's campaign released a statement saying he is the better candidate to defeat Democrat Bill Owens in the November election.