Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Memories of a War Time Romance
By Mark Lavonier
Syracuse, NY – The memories of a World War Two romance between a Central New York couple is the basis of a stage production premiering in Syracuse, N.Y.
"I'll be Seeing You" is the story of Don and Cassie Waful who met just before their deployment. Don, who is the President of the Syracuse Sky Chiefs, was a tank commander, Cassie, an army nurse.
They not only faced the perils of war but also endured a lengthy separation.
WRVO's Mark Lavonier spoke with Don Waful and Diane Tauser, who wrote the words and music.