Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Memories of a War Time Romance
By Mark Lavonier
Syracuse, NY – The memories of a World War Two romance between a Central New York couple is the basis of a stage production premiering in Syracuse, N.Y.
"I'll be Seeing You" is the story of Don and Cassie Waful who met just before their deployment. Don, who is the President of the Syracuse Sky Chiefs, was a tank commander, Cassie, an army nurse.
They not only faced the perils of war but also endured a lengthy separation.
WRVO's Mark Lavonier spoke with Don Waful and Diane Tauser, who wrote the words and music.