Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Midwives Seek Professional Independence
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A group of licensed midwives is pushing for legislation that would allow them to practice more independently.
According to a 17 year old law, a midwife must have a written collaborative agreement from a physician in order to practice in New York State. Senate Health Committee Chairman, Thomas Duane has introduced legislation that would get rid of that need for an agreement.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with the President of the New York State Association of Licensed Midwives, Kristin Walsh.