Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Midwives Seek Professional Independence
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A group of licensed midwives is pushing for legislation that would allow them to practice more independently.
According to a 17 year old law, a midwife must have a written collaborative agreement from a physician in order to practice in New York State. Senate Health Committee Chairman, Thomas Duane has introduced legislation that would get rid of that need for an agreement.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with the President of the New York State Association of Licensed Midwives, Kristin Walsh.