Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
Midwives Seek Professional Independence
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A group of licensed midwives is pushing for legislation that would allow them to practice more independently.
According to a 17 year old law, a midwife must have a written collaborative agreement from a physician in order to practice in New York State. Senate Health Committee Chairman, Thomas Duane has introduced legislation that would get rid of that need for an agreement.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with the President of the New York State Association of Licensed Midwives, Kristin Walsh.