Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Midwives Seek Professional Independence
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A group of licensed midwives is pushing for legislation that would allow them to practice more independently.
According to a 17 year old law, a midwife must have a written collaborative agreement from a physician in order to practice in New York State. Senate Health Committee Chairman, Thomas Duane has introduced legislation that would get rid of that need for an agreement.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with the President of the New York State Association of Licensed Midwives, Kristin Walsh.