Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
More News From WRVO
Midwives Seek Professional Independence
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A group of licensed midwives is pushing for legislation that would allow them to practice more independently.
According to a 17 year old law, a midwife must have a written collaborative agreement from a physician in order to practice in New York State. Senate Health Committee Chairman, Thomas Duane has introduced legislation that would get rid of that need for an agreement.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with the President of the New York State Association of Licensed Midwives, Kristin Walsh.