Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Millions of New Yorkers Still Without Health Insurance
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego – Members of the Health Care for All New York campaign are reacting to the latest Census Bureau estimates.
The data shows New York has the highest poverty rate of all northern states and millions still lack health insurance coverage.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Director of Health Care Restructuring Initiatives at the Community Services Society of New York, Elisabeth Benjamin. She responds to the data.