Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
Millions of New Yorkers Still Without Health Insurance
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego – Members of the Health Care for All New York campaign are reacting to the latest Census Bureau estimates.
The data shows New York has the highest poverty rate of all northern states and millions still lack health insurance coverage.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Director of Health Care Restructuring Initiatives at the Community Services Society of New York, Elisabeth Benjamin. She responds to the data.