Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
Model Cannolo Takes To The Skies In Sicily
Originally published on Mon March 10, 2014 9:59 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Sicily has joined the space-age.
Amateur scientists have launched the Sicilian Space Program with a homemade spacecraft, a helium balloon, and at the tip of the tiny vessel: a cannollo put the cherry on top.
Well, given the extreme conditions, the clay cannollo, still, cameras filmed the classic cream filled pastry soaring into the stratosphere, capturing a sweet view of the sunrise. One small step for pastry.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.