Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Around the Nation
Mom Saves Baby From Deadly Drop Out Of Window
Originally published on Mon March 4, 2013 1:02 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
A woman in Spokane, Washington stepped out of the shower and into a moment of terror. Her 14-month-old boy was bouncing on the bed. He bounced out a half-open second-story window. She dove after the boy, smashed through the window, grabbed his foot as he was tumbling down the porch roof and lowered the kid safely to his grandma, who was smoking on the porch.
The mom then crashed into a bush. She's scraped up. The baby is fine.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.