Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
Montezuma Wildlife Refuge
Oswego, NY – This is an archived episode of Nature of Things- originally broadcast October 6th, 1989.
The landscape north of Cayuga Lake was very different when the first Native American encountered it long ago. The area was full of wildlife and diverse vegetation. The first European may have seen it as a road block to expansion. Thankfully, some of the original splendor has been preserved with Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge. Located 10 miles west of Auburn, the refuge welcomes visitors to spend some time with nature and enjoy the many species of bird that still remain.