Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Montezuma Wildlife Refuge
Oswego, NY – This is an archived episode of Nature of Things- originally broadcast October 6th, 1989.
The landscape north of Cayuga Lake was very different when the first Native American encountered it long ago. The area was full of wildlife and diverse vegetation. The first European may have seen it as a road block to expansion. Thankfully, some of the original splendor has been preserved with Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge. Located 10 miles west of Auburn, the refuge welcomes visitors to spend some time with nature and enjoy the many species of bird that still remain.