Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Montezuma Wildlife Refuge
Oswego, NY – This is an archived episode of Nature of Things- originally broadcast October 6th, 1989.
The landscape north of Cayuga Lake was very different when the first Native American encountered it long ago. The area was full of wildlife and diverse vegetation. The first European may have seen it as a road block to expansion. Thankfully, some of the original splendor has been preserved with Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge. Located 10 miles west of Auburn, the refuge welcomes visitors to spend some time with nature and enjoy the many species of bird that still remain.