Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Montezuma Wildlife Refuge
Oswego, NY – This is an archived episode of Nature of Things- originally broadcast October 6th, 1989.
The landscape north of Cayuga Lake was very different when the first Native American encountered it long ago. The area was full of wildlife and diverse vegetation. The first European may have seen it as a road block to expansion. Thankfully, some of the original splendor has been preserved with Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge. Located 10 miles west of Auburn, the refuge welcomes visitors to spend some time with nature and enjoy the many species of bird that still remain.