Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Montezuma Wildlife Refuge
Oswego, NY – This is an archived episode of Nature of Things- originally broadcast October 6th, 1989.
The landscape north of Cayuga Lake was very different when the first Native American encountered it long ago. The area was full of wildlife and diverse vegetation. The first European may have seen it as a road block to expansion. Thankfully, some of the original splendor has been preserved with Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge. Located 10 miles west of Auburn, the refuge welcomes visitors to spend some time with nature and enjoy the many species of bird that still remain.