Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
-Nature of Things
Moving into the 21st Century
John Weeks discusses the richness of virgin lands and forests. In the turn of a century the removal of forests have reached the point where the lands no longer supported the pigeons. It is a sobering thought that today our land can not support what it has in the past virgin years. The land was once in a virgin condition and has permanently lost important species of food producing trees. But the land is resilient and can rebuild it's rich potential if allowed to.
This episode of Nature of Things was originally aired on November 6th, 1987.