Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
-Nature of Things
Moving into the 21st Century
John Weeks discusses the richness of virgin lands and forests. In the turn of a century the removal of forests have reached the point where the lands no longer supported the pigeons. It is a sobering thought that today our land can not support what it has in the past virgin years. The land was once in a virgin condition and has permanently lost important species of food producing trees. But the land is resilient and can rebuild it's rich potential if allowed to.
This episode of Nature of Things was originally aired on November 6th, 1987.