Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
-Nature of Things
Moving into the 21st Century
John Weeks discusses the richness of virgin lands and forests. In the turn of a century the removal of forests have reached the point where the lands no longer supported the pigeons. It is a sobering thought that today our land can not support what it has in the past virgin years. The land was once in a virgin condition and has permanently lost important species of food producing trees. But the land is resilient and can rebuild it's rich potential if allowed to.
This episode of Nature of Things was originally aired on November 6th, 1987.