Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – A group of Central New York organizations is concerned about the treatment of local Muslims since the 9-11 attacks. They came together to form the "The Central New York Bill of Rights Defense Campaign" to show solidarity with local Muslims, Arabs and South Asians.
The American Friends Service Committee is one of the organizations. Area Director Chrissie Rizzo explains to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski how the group came about and its aim.