Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – A group of Central New York organizations is concerned about the treatment of local Muslims since the 9-11 attacks. They came together to form the "The Central New York Bill of Rights Defense Campaign" to show solidarity with local Muslims, Arabs and South Asians.
The American Friends Service Committee is one of the organizations. Area Director Chrissie Rizzo explains to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski how the group came about and its aim.