Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Around the Nation
Napster Billionaire Spends Big On Upcoming Wedding
Originally published on Wed April 17, 2013 2:46 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep, with good luck to Sean Parker and his bride-to-be. She's a singer; he's a Facebook billionaire and founder of Napster. Mr. Parker committed $10 million to their wedding. He paid for waterfalls, bridges and ancient ruins created for the occasion. Guests will wear outfits created by the costume designer from "Lord of the Rings."
Mr. Parker has had to clarify this is not going to be a theme wedding. The clothes are modern, he says, though with a Victorian touch. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.