Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Around the Nation
Napster Billionaire Spends Big On Upcoming Wedding
Originally published on Wed April 17, 2013 2:46 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep, with good luck to Sean Parker and his bride-to-be. She's a singer; he's a Facebook billionaire and founder of Napster. Mr. Parker committed $10 million to their wedding. He paid for waterfalls, bridges and ancient ruins created for the occasion. Guests will wear outfits created by the costume designer from "Lord of the Rings."
Mr. Parker has had to clarify this is not going to be a theme wedding. The clothes are modern, he says, though with a Victorian touch. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.