Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Nestle Officials Get Set to Sell Building
By Elizabeth Christensen
Fulton, NY – The building that has housed the Nestle plant in Fulton for 102 years will be put on the market soon.
Nestle officials plan to meet with a corporate realtor in the next few weeks. Their goal is to sell the structure as soon as possible.
The company also announced that fifty of it's most senior workers will be the first to lose their jobs as the company slows production at the Fulton plant. Those workers volunteered for an early-out.
Officials announced last week that Nestle would be selling it's "Peter's Chocolate" line of products to a Pennsylvania company. Most of that line is produced in Fulton.
The plant is scheduled to close entirely this spring.