Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Nestle Officials Get Set to Sell Building
By Elizabeth Christensen
Fulton, NY – The building that has housed the Nestle plant in Fulton for 102 years will be put on the market soon.
Nestle officials plan to meet with a corporate realtor in the next few weeks. Their goal is to sell the structure as soon as possible.
The company also announced that fifty of it's most senior workers will be the first to lose their jobs as the company slows production at the Fulton plant. Those workers volunteered for an early-out.
Officials announced last week that Nestle would be selling it's "Peter's Chocolate" line of products to a Pennsylvania company. Most of that line is produced in Fulton.
The plant is scheduled to close entirely this spring.