Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
More News From WRVO
New Airline Service at Syracuse's Airport
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – Air travel at Syracuse's Hancock Airport is getting a big boost. Delta Airlines is introducing two new non-stop flights to Atlanta, Georgia. In addition, Central New York's business community is embarking on a promotional campaign to help lure low-fare service to Hancock.
Syracuse's Mayor Matt Driscoll and the Metropolitan Development Association -- Central New York's economic development agency -- were instrumental. The M-D-A's Executive Director Irwin Davis tells WRVO's Chris Ulanowski that Delta apparently recognized a good business opportunity.