Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
New Airline Service at Syracuse's Airport
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – Air travel at Syracuse's Hancock Airport is getting a big boost. Delta Airlines is introducing two new non-stop flights to Atlanta, Georgia. In addition, Central New York's business community is embarking on a promotional campaign to help lure low-fare service to Hancock.
Syracuse's Mayor Matt Driscoll and the Metropolitan Development Association -- Central New York's economic development agency -- were instrumental. The M-D-A's Executive Director Irwin Davis tells WRVO's Chris Ulanowski that Delta apparently recognized a good business opportunity.