Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
New Airline Service at Syracuse's Airport
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – Air travel at Syracuse's Hancock Airport is getting a big boost. Delta Airlines is introducing two new non-stop flights to Atlanta, Georgia. In addition, Central New York's business community is embarking on a promotional campaign to help lure low-fare service to Hancock.
Syracuse's Mayor Matt Driscoll and the Metropolitan Development Association -- Central New York's economic development agency -- were instrumental. The M-D-A's Executive Director Irwin Davis tells WRVO's Chris Ulanowski that Delta apparently recognized a good business opportunity.