Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
New Airline Service at Syracuse's Airport
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – Air travel at Syracuse's Hancock Airport is getting a big boost. Delta Airlines is introducing two new non-stop flights to Atlanta, Georgia. In addition, Central New York's business community is embarking on a promotional campaign to help lure low-fare service to Hancock.
Syracuse's Mayor Matt Driscoll and the Metropolitan Development Association -- Central New York's economic development agency -- were instrumental. The M-D-A's Executive Director Irwin Davis tells WRVO's Chris Ulanowski that Delta apparently recognized a good business opportunity.