Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
New Job-Training Program for Veterans Underway
By Ryan Morden
Syracuse, NY – "Different Shades of Green" is the new job-training program underway, targeted toward unemployed veterans and their spouses.
Cornell University's Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County runs the program at SUNY Oswego's facility in Syracuse.
"I'm hoping this course helps me to get my foot in the door somewhere," said Mark McArthur, who has been out of the Navy for about 30 years. "I already have a degree, so hopefully this will be another feather in my cap and allow me to pursue some other avenues."
This program is funded with Federal Stimulus Dollars.
Anastasia Urtz, Head of Cornell's Onondaga County Cooperative Extension, said they are working closely with CNY Works for more money and options to sustain the program.