Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
New York Apple Industry Booming
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – A near-record apple crop is expected in New York this fall, but growers will likely have a difficult time getting the crop to market.
Stepped-up enforcement of immigration laws is making it harder than usual for growers to to get enough migrant workers to bring in the harvest.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Jim of the New York Apple Association about this year's crop and the worker shortage.