Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
More News From WRVO
New York Apple Industry Booming
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – A near-record apple crop is expected in New York this fall, but growers will likely have a difficult time getting the crop to market.
Stepped-up enforcement of immigration laws is making it harder than usual for growers to to get enough migrant workers to bring in the harvest.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Jim of the New York Apple Association about this year's crop and the worker shortage.