Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
New York Apple Industry expects bumper crop
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego New York – A near-record apple crop is expected in New York this fall, but growers will likely have a difficult time getting the crop to market.
Stepped-up enforcement of immigration laws is making it harder than usual for growers to get enough migrant workers to bring in the harvest.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Jim Allen of the New York Apple Association about this year's crop and the worker shortage.