Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
New York Regional Interconnect Promises Jobs
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Opponents of the proposed "New York Regional Interconnect" high voltage power line project are joining forces with local officials to stop the company.
They say NYRI's line, which would bisect the Mohawk Valley, would ruin the view and the local economy.
NYRI is countering that claim, saying hundreds of jobs will be created when the line is built.
But as WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports, the opponents aren't buying it.