Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- North Country lawmaker, group, working to save Fort Drum jobs
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- Classic midway prize missing from this year's state fair
- Teachout blasts Time Warner-Comcast merger, says she would stop it if elected
More News From WRVO
New York Regional Interconnect Promises Jobs
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Opponents of the proposed "New York Regional Interconnect" high voltage power line project are joining forces with local officials to stop the company.
They say NYRI's line, which would bisect the Mohawk Valley, would ruin the view and the local economy.
NYRI is countering that claim, saying hundreds of jobs will be created when the line is built.
But as WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports, the opponents aren't buying it.