Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
New York Regional Interconnect Promises Jobs
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Opponents of the proposed "New York Regional Interconnect" high voltage power line project are joining forces with local officials to stop the company.
They say NYRI's line, which would bisect the Mohawk Valley, would ruin the view and the local economy.
NYRI is countering that claim, saying hundreds of jobs will be created when the line is built.
But as WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports, the opponents aren't buying it.