Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
New York Regional Interconnect Promises Jobs
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Opponents of the proposed "New York Regional Interconnect" high voltage power line project are joining forces with local officials to stop the company.
They say NYRI's line, which would bisect the Mohawk Valley, would ruin the view and the local economy.
NYRI is countering that claim, saying hundreds of jobs will be created when the line is built.
But as WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports, the opponents aren't buying it.