Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
New York Stands to Gain Millions of Dollar in Prison Savings
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – An advocacy group for alternatives to incarceration says New York could save over $137-million by restoring its temporary release program for convicted criminal who are near the end of their prison sentences.
The finding is based on a study conducted by the Center For Community Alternatives.
The group's co-director of Justice Strategies spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski about the issue.