Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
More News From WRVO
New York Stands to Gain Millions of Dollar in Prison Savings
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – An advocacy group for alternatives to incarceration says New York could save over $137-million by restoring its temporary release program for convicted criminal who are near the end of their prison sentences.
The finding is based on a study conducted by the Center For Community Alternatives.
The group's co-director of Justice Strategies spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski about the issue.