Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
More News From WRVO
New York State Assembly supports investigation into handling of search for fugitive Ralph "Bucky" Phillips
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – A call by the union representing State Troopers for an independent investigation into State Police management of of the search for fugitive Ralph "Bucky" Phillips is getting a mixed response.
Governor Pataki's office says it awaits the completion of an internal State Police review.
But State Assembly Democrats believe a full outside investigation will be likely.
Assemblyman William Parment represents the Jamestown area in Western New York where police conducted a massive manhunt for Phillips. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to the Assemblyman.