Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
New York State Assembly supports investigation into handling of search for fugitive Ralph "Bucky" Phillips
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – A call by the union representing State Troopers for an independent investigation into State Police management of of the search for fugitive Ralph "Bucky" Phillips is getting a mixed response.
Governor Pataki's office says it awaits the completion of an internal State Police review.
But State Assembly Democrats believe a full outside investigation will be likely.
Assemblyman William Parment represents the Jamestown area in Western New York where police conducted a massive manhunt for Phillips. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to the Assemblyman.