Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
New York State Lawmakers Unhappy with Frack Panel Composition
OSWEGO, NY (August 11, 2011) - As the US Department of Energy's Natural Gas Subcommittee released its draft recommendations on fracking, numerous New York legislators made it known that they're not happy with the panel's make-up.
As WRVO's Joyce Gramza reports, state and local lawmakers say the federal panel is tilted toward oil and gas interests.