Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
New York State Lawmakers Unhappy with Frack Panel Composition
OSWEGO, NY (August 11, 2011) - As the US Department of Energy's Natural Gas Subcommittee released its draft recommendations on fracking, numerous New York legislators made it known that they're not happy with the panel's make-up.
As WRVO's Joyce Gramza reports, state and local lawmakers say the federal panel is tilted toward oil and gas interests.