Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
New York State targets a dangerous plant
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
ALBANY, NY – It sounds like something out of a bad movie: Imagine a plant that looks like a common weed, but can grow to 20 feet tall. The sap of this weed can burn your skin or leave you blind.
It's not the stuff of science fiction. It's an actual plant - an invasive species called Giant Hogweed.
The state Department of Environmental Conservation is trying to take out the nasty invaders.
WRVO's Dave Bullard spoke with the DEC's top official in the fight, Naja Kraus.