Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
New York State targets a dangerous plant
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
ALBANY, NY – It sounds like something out of a bad movie: Imagine a plant that looks like a common weed, but can grow to 20 feet tall. The sap of this weed can burn your skin or leave you blind.
It's not the stuff of science fiction. It's an actual plant - an invasive species called Giant Hogweed.
The state Department of Environmental Conservation is trying to take out the nasty invaders.
WRVO's Dave Bullard spoke with the DEC's top official in the fight, Naja Kraus.