Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
Public Radio Presents
New York in the World
Join us Sunday, February 16 for an encore presentation of New York in the World. This documentary brings you stories of union workers in Buffalo, fashion designers in New York City, and farmers in the Finger Lakes - all talking about how they've found a place amid today's new economic realities.
From Niagara Falls to Long Island, from the North Country to the Southern Tier, Upstate, Downstate... we are nearly twenty million.
The concerns we New Yorkers voice about our lives and future are shared by Americans across the country. But New York is special. In this era of globalization, no other state has benefited as much - and suffered as much - as New York. From the bonuses, bailouts and wealth on Wall Street - to the remains of once mighty manufacturing industries in much of the rest of the state... This is New York in the World: our lives, our future.
This documentary, "New York in the World" with Garrick Utley is a production of WRVO Public Media. For more information or to listen to the program, visit the New York in the World program page.