Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
New York's labor unions survive as others struggle
By Karen Dewitt/WRVO's Capitol Correspondent
ALBANY, NY – Labor unions in the United States have suffered in recent decades s their membership and influence have declined.
In New York State, however, state employee labor unions are going strong, winning key battles in the most recent state budget cycle.
WRVO's Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt has the story.