Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
New York's public employee unions reached agreement to avert layoffs
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – Governor Paterson and New York's public employee unions have reached an agreement to avoid the layoff of up to nine-thousand state workers because of the state's fiscal problems. The Civil Service Employees Association is one of the unions.
C-S-E-A's Stephen Maduaruz explains to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski how the compromise was reached.