Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
New York's public employee unions reached agreement to avert layoffs
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – Governor Paterson and New York's public employee unions have reached an agreement to avoid the layoff of up to nine-thousand state workers because of the state's fiscal problems. The Civil Service Employees Association is one of the unions.
C-S-E-A's Stephen Maduaruz explains to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski how the compromise was reached.