Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
New York's Schools Brace for Cutbacks
By Jason Smith
Syracuse, NY – New York's public schools are facing tremendous press to reduce costs because of the state's economic crisis.
Governor Paterson has already said schools will have to live with less state funding and their ability to to turn to local taxpayers to make up the difference might be restricted.
As WRVO's Jason Smith reports, schools will have a tough time living with the pain.