Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
New York's Schools Brace for Cutbacks
By Jason Smith
Syracuse, NY – New York's public schools are facing tremendous press to reduce costs because of the state's economic crisis.
Governor Paterson has already said schools will have to live with less state funding and their ability to to turn to local taxpayers to make up the difference might be restricted.
As WRVO's Jason Smith reports, schools will have a tough time living with the pain.