Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
New York's Schools Brace for Cutbacks
By Jason Smith
Syracuse, NY – New York's public schools are facing tremendous press to reduce costs because of the state's economic crisis.
Governor Paterson has already said schools will have to live with less state funding and their ability to to turn to local taxpayers to make up the difference might be restricted.
As WRVO's Jason Smith reports, schools will have a tough time living with the pain.