Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
No Decisions Yet On The Most-Anticipated Supreme Court Cases
There's no big news again today from the U.S. Supreme Court — which is sort-of big news in itself because it means we're still waiting for the justices' decisions on these major cases:
-- Fisher v. University of Texas, a key test of affirmative action in higher education.
-- Shelby County v. Holder, in which the issue is whether times have changed and the 1965 Voting Rights Act should no longer apply to that Alabama county.
Those cases were not among the three decisions handed down by the court Monday. The next day on which decisions are due to be announced is Thursday.