Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Nozzolio: No Fracking in the Finger Lakes Region
OSWEGO, NY (August 10, 2011) - When Governor Andrew Cuomo moved to allow hyrofracking for natural gas in New York State, he declared two areas sacrosanct the unfiltered drinking water sources for New York City and Syracuse.
But as WRVO's Joyce Jramza reports, a republican senator from the Finger Lakes region wants equal protection.
Senator Nozzolio says the regulatory comment period has not formally begun and he hopes municipalities in the region will express their concerns.