Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Nozzolio: No Fracking in the Finger Lakes Region
OSWEGO, NY (August 10, 2011) - When Governor Andrew Cuomo moved to allow hyrofracking for natural gas in New York State, he declared two areas sacrosanct the unfiltered drinking water sources for New York City and Syracuse.
But as WRVO's Joyce Jramza reports, a republican senator from the Finger Lakes region wants equal protection.
Senator Nozzolio says the regulatory comment period has not formally begun and he hopes municipalities in the region will express their concerns.