Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
NRC seeks public comment on possible 4th nuclear reactor at Nine MIle Pt.
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – Federal safety regulators want to hear from the public about concerns that would arise if a fourth nuclear power plant is built at Nine Mile Point near Oswego. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is taking comment June 10th at two public sessions held at SUNY Oswego's Sheldon Hall.
To learn more, WRVO's Chris Ulanowski sat down prior to the meetings with Scott Flanders, the NRC's Director of the Division of Site and Environmental Review Office of New Reactors and Paul Michalak, the NRC's Senior Project Manager Office of New Reactors. Also attending was UniStar Nuclear Energy President and CEO George Vanderheyden.