Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Nucelar Power Plant Safety Questioned
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego NY – Nuclear power opponents say the nation's nuclear reactors remain vulnerable to a possible terror attack.
They're embracing a proposal from Massachusetts Democrat Edward Markey which would require that spent nuclear fuel be stored in hardened on-site storage containers.
Citizens Awareness Network spokesman Tim Judson spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski about the issue.
( The Nuclear Industry says current dry cask storage is already structurally robust. It also argues nuclear plants remain the best defended facilities in the nation.)