Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
NY Delegate: Democrats Are United
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – Lisa Daly of Syracuse, New York is a Barack Obama delegate at the Democratic National Convention. She says convention delegates are united.
In response to some criticism that the Democrats are not projecting a clear message about their plan for the future, Daly said that significant talk about the issues takes place the convention when the cameras are not turned on.
"Part of what goes on outside is that people look at snippets and soundbites and they don't see the whole picture," Daly said.
Daly said she believes that Obama's speech on Thursday will provide many talking points about the Democrat's message.
"There were a lot of other agendas being served during the week, and I think the focal point on Thursday will be the future and what we're going to do going forward," she added.