Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
NY Politicians Fail to Respond to National Political Awareness Test
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – Politicians running for elected office this year have one of the poorest response rates to a national political awareness test.
The survey, sponsored by the non-partisan Project Vote Smart, asked candidates for their positions on key issues. New York politicians had a survey response rate of 25 percent. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski asked Project Vote Smart Senior Advisor Adelaide Elm what the findings say about the willingness of candidates to openly state their positions.