Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
NY Politicians Fail to Respond to National Political Awareness Test
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – Politicians running for elected office this year have one of the poorest response rates to a national political awareness test.
The survey, sponsored by the non-partisan Project Vote Smart, asked candidates for their positions on key issues. New York politicians had a survey response rate of 25 percent. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski asked Project Vote Smart Senior Advisor Adelaide Elm what the findings say about the willingness of candidates to openly state their positions.