Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
NY Politicians Fail to Respond to National Political Awareness Test
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – Politicians running for elected office this year have one of the poorest response rates to a national political awareness test.
The survey, sponsored by the non-partisan Project Vote Smart, asked candidates for their positions on key issues. New York politicians had a survey response rate of 25 percent. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski asked Project Vote Smart Senior Advisor Adelaide Elm what the findings say about the willingness of candidates to openly state their positions.